Monday, December 9, 2013

Lessons Learned

 I am a hunter and a re loader of ammo. I am 58 never had a problem with a firearm. Until the other day and I learned two very valuable lessons. I had misplaced my scope covers for the Nikon scope on my little go to firearm so it sat where it was without scope covers. I should have looked through the scope and cleaned it. The trust factor was there I have killed several deer and many hog with not a problem.
I was in the blind and two deer showed I could not see them or the cross hairs so I starting cleaning my scope not even with a hankie but my fingered clove. Did not have a hankie with me. I got it where I could see them and the cross hairs pulled the trigger it snapped on an empty chamber. I had killed a hog earlier with this firearm and its scope but put my vision problems to the low level of the sun shinning in my scope.

I learned two important lessons that day keep your scope covers on. Look through your scope each and every time before you go hunting. Make sure you have a round in the chamber, check this when you get into the blind. This go to firearm is a semi automatic the first one I have ever owned and it has become due to my inability to operate a bolt action my go to gun. Those who say you do not need a military style firearm to hunt are totally without knowledge of hunting and firearms. Whoppie Goldberg said “what can you do with an assault rifle but assault somebody” To her I reply assault deer a hog also bob cat and other varmints with my assault rifle!!!

No comments: