Sunday, April 25, 2010

anotther rant

4/25/2010
Time for another rant. I was communicating with a 29 year old couple in Pennsylvania and they ask me if on 60 acres there would be land enough to set up a play area. Well I had to look up Acre now in the dictionaries I use to remember you looked in the back under measurements and there was listed all measurements from ounces to sections of land. I could not in this Merriam’s Collegiate 10 addition do that I had to look for Acre the definition, 43,560 square feet or metric 4047square meters. If a 29 year old couple in any where U.S.A. does not even have an elementary grasp of simple measurements, my opinion we are in trouble. They now say it takes a village to raise a child and we see security cameras’ capturing images of children beating other children totally unconscious. My father had only a 6th grade education but he knew how big an acre was and could count cattle going through a gate. My brother and I were raised by two of the not best parents in the world but we have not been in fights nor have long criminal records. We were raised in a house with multiple loaded guns and did nothing like Columbine. My father and mother did not drop us off at the mall and say bye for the day. We had horses to break, fences to build, fields to plow I was 9 driving a john deer tractor in a section field=640 acres or 1 square mile. There are laws now children can’t work, parents can’t punish children and Hillary Clinton says “It Takes a village” to raise a child. Since my 30th birthday we have had Columbine, 9/11, world trade center bombing, a girl filmed beating another girl probably to death on the news. I think we need to return to the Old Testament and take this child to the city limits and stone her to death. The Old Testament says if a child does certain things they face death or being cut off from there people. They did not have what we in the United States have now. I have a friend that teaches school in Texas and she says all they teach is Tass test. When I was in school we learned the 8 parts of speech, how to write read do some math world geography history.

No comments: